Our warehouse equipment is designed to optimize workplace safety, but there are still a number of risk factors that face your employees every day. Take a proactive approach and educate workers about situations that can lead to accidents and injuries.
Here’s a look at some of the more common workplace mishaps and how they can be prevented.
Slips, Trips and Falls
Most workplace accidents take the form of slips, trips or falls.
– Make sure that the warehouse aisles are free of obstructions.
– Promptly clean up spills of liquid or other loose materials.
– Instruct workers to constantly review their immediate area for any stationary or moving hazards.
– All elevated work areas should be protected by guardrails. Use safety harnesses whenever appropriate.
Fires can spread rapidly, so prevention is vital.
– Replace worn or damaged wires immediately.
– Handle all flammable materials with care.
– Maintain an adequate supply of fire extinguishers as mandated by regulations. Place them in easy-to-access locations.
– Ensure that all entrances and exits are clearly marked and kept free of obstacles.
Heavy objects such as machinery and loaded pallets can cause serious bodily harm.
– Employees should be made aware of areas where heavy objects are stored overhead.
– Stack all loads neatly to maintain balance. Avoid stacking items too high.
– Provide training for all warehouse equipment that includes moving parts.
– All employees on the work floor should keep a safe distance from forklifts, conveyor belts and other moving equipment.
Improve Workplace Safety with Warehouse Equipment from DJ Products
Are workplace injuries affecting productivity in your warehouse? Our electric movers, tugs and pushers are ergonomically designed to let a single employee move heavy loads without incurring common repetitive motion injuries.
Call 800.686.2651 for more information.