Our battery-powered tugs, pushers and movers greatly improve workplace productivity, but bed bugs are warehouse equipment that you don’t need. It doesn’t take long for these pests to infest furniture and bedding throughout your warehouse or fulfillment center.
Prevention is easier than elimination. Avoid costly and inconvenient extermination with these six tips to protect your warehouse from bed bug infestations.
Tips to Prevent Bed Bug Infestations in Warehouses
– Maintain and follow written procedures for handling and inspection of all furniture and bedding delivered to the warehouse. Pay careful attention to packaging and investigate any items where boxes and wrapping are torn or damaged.
– Complete extensive documentation for any items that are delivered. This can help in the case of potential claims by customers.
– If you have occasion to pick up used or returned furniture or bedding, inspect the items thoroughly and don’t accept if they show signs of bed bugs. Any furniture that is picked up should be wrapped and taped, then segregated from new items on the truck.
– Any returns, whether warranty claims or donations/disposals, should be stored in a separate area of the warehouse.
– Keep the warehouse clean and free of dirt and debris. If you suspect the presence of bed bugs, have a professional conduct an immediate inspection. The sooner you discover a problem, the easier it is to contain it.
– Heat treatment is the most effective way to eliminate bed bugs. The warehouse and its contents should be heated to a high temperature for a period long enough to kill both live bed bugs and eggs.
DJ Products: Your Top Choice for Quality Warehouse Equipment