When attempting to improve efficiency in your warehouse, there are a lot of moving parts that require attention. You must manage the movement of incoming goods from suppliers, maintain accurate inventory, coordinate deliveries to suit your customer’s needs, and protect the safety of your personnel the entire time.
The new year is a good time to implement changes that will boost performance in all areas.
- Ask your team for ideas. You probably have more experience and knowledge than anyone in the warehouse, but they are on the front lines everyday. While looking at the big picture, it is possible to miss seeing some crucial details that need attention.
- Schedule frequent training classes. Humans are creatures of habit. It is easy to develop bad habits that go unnoticed. Formal training classes will keep everyone following proper protocol.
- Use automation to lower injuries and cost. Motorized carts, tugger carts, and electric tugs will prevent injuries and decrease fatigue. Your staff will be more alert and productive throughout the day.
- Offer advancement opportunities. Everyone wants to take pride in what they do. When team members have individual goals, it is easier to accomplish the goals you have for the whole team.
- Cross train personnel. By understanding the different jobs and functions of the warehouse, team members are more inclined to work together.
Regardless of your industry or the size of your warehouse, DJ Products has the material moving carts, cart movers, or other tuggers that will help you operate safer and more efficiently in 2015 and for many years ahead. Call 800.686.2651 to speak with one of our courteous and knowledgeable Sales Engineers.